Friday, June 26, 2009

Difficult Week.

Especially if one is a celebrity.

But I first want to acknowledge that it's a very difficult week also for a friend and colleague of mine. She lost her husband a week ago after a relatively short illness. Thoughts and prayers to B. and her family.

At the risk of committing sacrilege, I never was a Michael Jackson fan. His voice and style just didn't do it for me, and some of his life choices were problematic, to say the least. But there's no denying he was a huge figure in American pop culture, such that even as serious an outfit as the Fox News Channel went wall-to-wall with their coverage.

Moving right along... I was one of the countless young women with a Farrah hairdo back in the late 70s. I gave it up fairly quickly, because it was far too high-maintenance for my taste, and heaven help me if I got caught in a rainstorm.... On another note, a few years ago I actually met the Hollywood hairdresser who created the Farrah haircut. (No, he did not cut my hair.)

And what can one say about Ed McMahon that hasn't been said already? I have nothing to add, other than to say I was sorry to hear about all the apparent difficulties he had to endure later in life. And now, yet another legend is gone.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Farrah Fawcett got to heaven and God granted her one wish. " I want all children of the world to be safe." she asked. So,
God killed Michael Jackson.

Jeff D said...

A friend and colleague of ours lost her husband last week at age 55 after a stroke out of the blue. Must be something in the air.

 
Template by simplebits.com
Major modifications by CrankyBeach
All original content copyright 2004-2019 CrankyBeach. All other content is given proper credit where known.