Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'll Be Glad When Tomorrow Is Over

It's been a LONG work week.

All started Monday when I apparently kicked over quite a hornet's nest. My first mistake was in expecting that other people had actually done their jobs.... How silly of me. I only found out when my scheduled Tuesday morning trainee came looking for me, wondering why tech support had not contacted her to install her software.

Turns out the HR department had dropped the ball somewhere, and never passed it on to tech support. After a large blizzard of e-mails and intervention by my boss (who carries a very large metaphorical gun) I got started with the trainee only an hour and a half late... and it was a good thing she was the only one in the class; otherwise, I'd have had to reschedule the entire class, which tends to annoy people.

Then I had another class of 3 trainees yesterday and today. They're done, but I still have more to do with the first trainee tomorrow (she's getting different training; that's why she's not done and the others were).

Yep. Been a long week. But at least I have a job, and I even like the job most of the time. Best of all, it (mostly) pays the bills. Can't ask for a lot more than that these days.


0 comments:

 
Template by simplebits.com
Major modifications by CrankyBeach
All original content copyright 2004-2019 CrankyBeach. All other content is given proper credit where known.