Thursday, October 7, 2004

Another Take

Okay, so I'm a bit behind with some posting (besides, this blog is less than a week old)... but Jeff over at MyJokeMail (Caution! Plenty of off-color material there!) had a great take on October 1 on the first Bush-Kerry debate:

Here is my quick impersonation of both candidates, if I can sum up the entire 90 minute debate in two quick exchanges.

Moderator: So Senator Kerry, how would you propose we handle the war in Iraq different?

Kerry: Well Jim, I would have done the exact same as Bush did by going into Iraq....but I would do it different. And I would win the war quickly, establish peace, and develop a strong coalition of all nations.

Moderator: Mr President, you may respond.

Bush: Look, I don't like war anymore than you do, America, but I believe it's the right thing to do. We must remain strong and establish our objective no matter what.

You see, Bush is convinced to do what he feels is right for the American people even if it comes off the wrong way to some, and I'm sorry, but to me, Kerry comes off like a guy who wants to say whatever it takes to win brownie points with the American people. Bush could give a sh*t about Brownie points. Hell, I laugh at all these people who say, "Bush only went to war in Iraq for political gain." Political gain? Are you f***ing crazy?! Think about that. This war has done nothing but hurt the President, why in the name of blue horsesh*t would he continue fighting a war that has hurt him politically? It's because whether you agree or not, he believes that what he is doing is right for America. In my opinion, that says more than a guy who really doesn't know what he wants, or what direction we're going to be taken in.


[Emphasis and sanitization mine]


0 comments:

 
Template by simplebits.com
Major modifications by CrankyBeach
All original content copyright 2004-2019 CrankyBeach. All other content is given proper credit where known.