Sunday, October 10, 2004

Worth Reading

Orson Scott Card weighs in on Iraq in an essay at The Ornery American. (Hmm... I should get to know those ornery folks. They sound like my kind of people.)

Just to whet your appetite:

What is Edwards promising us? That Kerry will always make the right choice?

Well, actually, Kerry almost certainly will make the right decision on every issue. After all, if you take every possible position on every question, one of them is bound to be right.

The trouble is that the real President can't vacillate. He can't send troops in and at the same time not send them. He can't go with one plan and at the same time go with another. The President has to commit, and then work with the consequences.

Senator Kerry has never had to do that. Neither has Senator Edwards.

It's easy to say, "I would have done it better."

But in all their attack rhetoric, have you ever heard them say exactly what they would have done differently?


Read the whole thing here.

CrankyBeach hath spoken. Go forth and obey!

(Hat tip: Little Green Footballs)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi CB,
I have obeyed. Good essay.
You might want to check out David Brook's op-ed piece from the 10/9 NY Times. Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/09/opinion/9brooks.html?n=Top%2fOpinion%2fEditorials%20and%20Op%2dEd%2fOp%2dEd%2fColumnists (Hopefully that gets you to the essay and not to the sign-in page.) The Herald runs Brooks' pieces from time to time so maybe it'll show up there. He nails the REAL story of the Duelfer report (hint: it's NOT no WMD) and how badly it's being misreported by the MSM.
p.s. it appears when I preview this that the link doesn't show up as a link. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I think copy & paste will work if all else fails.

Anonymous said...

I think it's 'cause I don't allow links in comments. They say that's a good anti-spam tool. Or something. Thanks for the tip. I will check it out in my copious spare time (ha, ha).
Update: It's so good I am posting an excerpt with the link in a new blog entry. Thanks again, Bill!

 
Template by simplebits.com
Major modifications by CrankyBeach
All original content copyright 2004-2019 CrankyBeach. All other content is given proper credit where known.