Thursday, October 7, 2004

Books & Things

Kerry's new book Resilience is out. (No, not THAT Kerry! I'm talking about my best friend Kerry Barkley!) I read this book in rough draft a long time ago. I'm looking forward to reading the finished product.

This sounds like an interesting book. Might explain a lot of things.

(Hat tip: Right Thinking Girl)

Lynna Banning's next book The Wedding Cake War will be out in a month.

And the ubiquitous Clive Cussler has yet another new one out.

Now, if only Lois McMaster Bujold would come up with another book about Miles Vorkosigan, the world would be a better place!

So many books, so little time!

Update: Jema asks if there is a new Miles story in the works. Hey, I wish I knew! But a nearly complete list of Miles' adventures can be found here. The only thing missing is Winterfair Gifts, a novella appearing in Irresistible Forces.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi CB,
Checking out your blog as promised...looks good.
Just found out I have a scheduling conflict with the MPC concert, the conflict being I will be 1200 miles away at a class for work through 12/15. Still trying to figure out whether I can resolve this.
Trying to think of books to recommend...I'm finishing up "Eats, Shoots, & Leaves" which is about punctuation and grammar but nonetheless was #1 on the NYT list this summer. Great book if that sort of thing interests you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting. :)
Suggestion: Don't tell John about that concert conflict until you're sure about it... we wouldn't want him to panic needlessly or anything like that!

Anonymous said...

I discovered Miles a year or so ago, read everything I could get my hands on. Most seemed collections of previous novellas, older editions. Are there current novels in the works? Please, please, please tell me there are!!

 
Template by simplebits.com
Major modifications by CrankyBeach
All original content copyright 2004-2019 CrankyBeach. All other content is given proper credit where known.