Thursday, October 28, 2004

Thursday Morning Miscellanea

DAG has gone AWOL with his promised election prediction. I suspect he has been kidnapped by aliens. If anyone has any knowledge of his whereabouts, tell him to haul his fingers to the nearest keyboard, get over to the blog and post his prediction!

I had a bizarre dream 2 nights ago. It was 9/11 again. I was in New York, and my car was parked in a valet lot very close to the twin towers. Somehow, I was the only one who knew what was happening. I was desperately trying to get to the parking lot and get my car out because I knew if I didn’t, I would not HAVE a car for much longer, and as much as I’m lusting after a new car, I am not QUITE ready to replace the old one. The first tower had been hit and was burning. As I hurried to find my valet parking ticket and get myself and my car as far away as possible, I kept my gaze in tunnel vision as best I could because I did NOT want to see what I knew was happening all around, i.e. desperate humans taking their only alternative to the flames high above. The ground was littered with thousands of sheets of paper. I knew I had a little time before the towers fell, and as I looked up and saw the plane hit the second tower, I knew my time had just gotten shorter. Somewhere around that point, I woke up.

When 9/11 actually happened, I was right here at home in California, with my car parked safely in its usual place just outside. In fact, I was still asleep when the towers fell. I have been to Ground Zero, but my car has not.

The morning after that dream, I awoke to the news that Al Qaeda was threatening an attack that would dwarf 9/11. Weird.

Just for the record, I don’t put any stock in the predictive abilities of dreams. Last month I dreamed Donald Trump was trying to call me on my cell phone. I know for a fact he does not have my number, so that would be impossible.  In the case of my 9/11 dream and the following terrorist-related news, it’s just an odd juxtaposition and has no meaning beyond the wild imagination of a sleeping mind.


0 comments:

 
Template by simplebits.com
Major modifications by CrankyBeach
All original content copyright 2004-2019 CrankyBeach. All other content is given proper credit where known.